This boiler trolley, or Flatrol, was built by the London & North Western Railway at Earlstown to Diagram D105 in 1911 and was probably numbered 28966. It has a carrying capacity of 15 tons and is one of 11 such vehicles built. It received its last general repair by BR at Earlstown in 1950. In common with several other vehicles it was purchased by Tunnel Cement Company and came to the K&ESR in 1977. It was fully overhauled and in 1979 repainted in grey with L&NWR lettering. It proved ideal for carrying a JCB during civil engineering work, but by the mid 1990's was due for further extensive restoration, which it still awaits.