This was built by Ransomes & Rapier of Ipswich in 1926. It was one of a pair ordered by the Southern Railway, both being delivered to Nine Elms works in 1927 and re-erected. As SR Nº. 81S it was allocated initially to Brighton Shed before transfer to Fratton in 1946. A further transfer to Stewarts Lane occurred in 1963. In BR days it became DS81 and latterly ADRR95201 and arrived at the K&ESR in 1987.
The crane can lift 36 tons at 20 ft radius, reducing to 16 tons at 40 ft. Its boiler works at 100 psi. The crane runs on three axles with a four wheel swivelling bogie at the rear. Its total weight is 79 tons 10 cwt.