This match wagon was formerly a SE&CR composite coach built in 1900 by the Metropolitan Carriage & Wagon Company. It was of similar design to the mess coach body (Nº. 101) described in the Carriage Stock section. It was converted to its present use in 1948. It was acquired for the K&ESR in 1990, arriving from York on 16 August. The vehicle was purchased for use with crane Nº. 145 following the conversion of Nº. 146 to a flat wagon.