Vacancy for Fitter - Carriage and Wagon Department
The Kent & East Sussex Railway is one of the South East’s top tourist attractions and one of England’s leading heritage railways. As a volunteer led organisation supplemented by paid staff, we now have a vacancy for a Fitter in our Carriage & Wagon Department at Tenterden.
The successful applicant will be:
- Thorough and methodical with the ability and experience of working within a process framework
- Able to solve problems and carry out fault diagnosis
- Used to working without supervision in a safe and tidy manner at all times even when under pressure
- Keen to work with our significant volunteer workforce and help them develop
- A good communicator with basic PC skills
- Capable of assuming responsibility for the workshop if required
- In addition the following would be of benefit:
- Experience of working on rail vehicles- especially carriages
- Possessing relevant engineering qualifications
- Previous supervisory experience
- Competent welder (MIG)
- Competent with machines such as lathes, mills etc.
- Candidates must have a full, clean, UK driving licence and will be required to have a company medical for physical fitness, eyesight, colour vision and hearing.
If you are interested in facing new challenges and have the skills to further strengthen our team, then we want to hear from you.
This full time post may require weekend & Bank Holiday working, with time off taken midweek. Salary commensurate with experience.
Closing date for applications: 31st May 2019
Download the Job Description here
Download an application for employment form here
Please address correspondence to Paul Wilson [email protected]
Kent & East Sussex Railway Co. Ltd., is a registered charity (No 262481)
Tenterden Town Station, Station Road, Tenterden, Kent TN30 6HE
www.kesr.org.uk Telephone: 01580 765155