A self propelled crane which was purchased from Sir Robert McAlpine & Sons Ltd in 1971. It was built by Smiths of Rodley, near Leeds (works No. 12019) in 1935. Originally steam powered, it was rebuilt at some time by its makers for diesel operation. It is capable of lifting five tons at a maximum elevation, or one ton with its 45 ft. jib at full reach. Over the years it has put in invaluable service up and down the line. It is now confined to the Permanent Way yard at Wittersham Road. Currently out of use.