Nº. 169 was built in 1949 by Faverdale Carriage & Wagon Company to an LNER design with full length wooden dropside doors. The design was to Diagram No. 1/445 as party of Lot Nº. 2049. Latterly it was used by the Western Region S&T Department. It arrived on the K&ESR in January 1998 and is used by our own S&T Department.